Monday, June 7, 2010

Well its been a little over a week since my first blog so there is a ton of things that I need to tell. Well let’s see the first thing is that the staff here is amazing! My action group leader is actually a Tech grad. So that gives us something in common as well as a ton of other things. There are also 2 lady staff that I would like to talk about for they are the greatest in the world: Noel, the most awesome training session and fellowship leader ever, and Tiff the most incredible and wonderful committee meeting leader in the world. But really there are a ton of things that have been going on here already and its been a week. There is a great group of people here and a really cool group of guys that I am living with that are very open and willing to share and advise some of the others who have been where the others have before. Yesterday was our first outreach ministry and we went and played tug-of-war on the beach. I was able to talk to a guy named Quinton and I would like for you to all be praying that we are able to have a follow-up with him soon. Also a friend and I talked with a group of 3 guys, one a Christian, one believing in reincarnation, and the other a Buddhist. Also pray that the Christian in this group would be able to speak the Truth into his friends and that they would keep an open mind about it all. I have my first day of work today starting at the Breaker’s and it is going to be a great summer working there. I will either be a: bouncer, bartender, cook, busboy, carpenter, painter, barmaid, and/or maid. Yes I know very fun things in there. I have been placed in charge of the sound for not only the weekly meeting here but also at the church that I attend here, in order to give the sound man there a break. God truly has blessed me with this gift (thanks Brian too) so that I may come here and use it as they were really nervous about someone who was going to be running sound. Well I have`` to go and run some errands but I will be blogging more but the only problem is the internet here is very touchy, thank you all and continue the prayers and packages if you would like to send any my address is on my facebook. Thank you all again.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Get some pictures posted! I would love to see where you are living, working, and playing :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete